If you’re new to social media advertising, there are a few things you should know before you begin:
- Meta is the owner and parent company of both Facebook and Instagram.
- Meta offers versatile, yet numerous, options to increase your engagement or reach more people. Knowing how to identify the right option for your business is crucial.
- There are two primary ways you can advertise on social platforms – boosting your organic content that lives on your page or designing unique ads that target specific groups but aren’t posted on your page.
- The difference between the two comes down to:
- Level of customization and control over campaigns
- Tools used to create them
So, what’s the difference between a boosted post and an ad you ask? Let’s dive in!
What is a boosted post?
A boosted post is a paid promotion of an existing organic post on Facebook or Instagram. It is a simplified way of advertising where you “boost” a post that may already be doing well on your page by paying to increase its reach to a wider audience.
Benefits of a boosted post:
- Attract new followers
- Improve engagement, reach and visibility
- Understand what content truly works best for your goals and audience
- Simple set-up and activation
- Easy to track and measure
What are Meta Ads?
Meta Ads are advanced and customizable ads that allow advertisers to create more sophisticated and strategic campaigns with specific objectives such as brand awareness, lead generation, conversions, and more.
Benefits of Meta ads:
- An effective way to drive traffic
- Highly customizable content and audience
- Customized call-to-actions
- Simple setup and delivers fast results
- East to track and measure
Which social media advertising is best for your business?
Pick the best option for you in 3 easy steps
- Identify your business goals
- Determine your budget
- Download McKeeman’s Paid Social Best Bets Guide to assist you in selecting!
Fill out this form to receive our Best Bets Guide